2013 is going to be my year of really putting words into actions. Seriously committing to living as sustainably and consciously as possible, considering the impact of my actions on those around me and the planet, and following my gut instinct when making decisions.
Healthy eating, doing what I love, focusing my energy where it matters most. Stop over thinking. Do.
I want to use this blog to document my journey, which will no doubt include a whole range of failed attempts, hilarious mistakes and misguided choices, but that’s ok with me.
This year I’m going to make the most of every opportunity, and more than that, I’m going to get out there and make things happen. I’m going to set myself challenges, learn new things, go outside my comfort zone and see what happens.
These are some of my resolutions:
- Read more. Before bed at least 3 nights a week.
- Cook new things. A new ingredient, a new recipe, a new technique – whatever it is, I want to try a few new things every month
- Learn. Take classes, read books, watch videos, just learn.
- Explore new places. Get out and about in parts of Melbourne, Victoria, the world I haven’t seen before.
- Create – go back to sewing and making jewellery. Learn to make new things. Write.
- Do whatever feels right.
- Be as sustainable as possible.
Lets see what this year has in store for me!