I’m so excited that it is finally asparagus season again here in Australia, so much so I’ve been pretty much eating it in every form I can think of – tarts, risotto, salads – you name it! This beetroot asparagus salad is the most recent addition to my asparagus repertoire and it’s my new favourite! Super quick and easy to whip up, it’s the perfect Spring salad!
You can roast your own beetroot, or use pre-roasted if you can find a good quality option to save yourself some time (and mess!). Now, over to the recipe!
- 250g asparagus
- 500g roasted beetroot
- 100g rocket
- Bunch of watercress
- 1/3 cup dill
- 125g goats cheese
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Remove any woody ends of the asparagus then chop in half and cook in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until bright green. Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside
- Slice the beetroot and combine with the rocket in a serving dish then add the asparagus
- Roughly chop the watercress and dill and add to the beetroot and asparagus, then sprinkle with the goats cheese and lemon zest
- Combine the lemon juice, crushed garlic and olive oil and pour over the salad when ready to serve
This salad is a delicious mix of zesty, fresh and salty – it’s so much more than the sum of its parts! It makes the perfect light lunch or side at dinner and when it’s ready this quickly how could you possibly go wrong! Plus, goats cheese makes everything extra-tasty in my books!
I wish the asparagus season lasted longer so I could eat this beetroot asparagus salad all the way through summer!
What’s your favourite way to eat asparagus? Maybe this beetroot asparagus salad will hit the mark!
[inlinkz_linkup id=569477 mode=1]