The November edition of the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop goes live on Monday, and whilst I don’t want to give too much away about my recipe for the blog hop, I thought today I would share the recipes for two elements that will feature come Monday – caramelised peanuts and a sweet peanut sauce!
Let’s start with the caramelised peanuts! These are super easy to make, they just take a little patience, but once they are done you’ll be glad you did all that stirring! The recipe makes quite a few peanuts, but given how many B snacked on I think it’s safe to say that if you’re a peanut fan then they won’t go to waste!
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Good sized sprinkling of sea salt flakes
- Cook the peanuts, sugar and water in a heavy based pan over moderate heat whilst stirring frequently, until the liquid starts to seize up
- When the sugar starts to crystallise and then go ‘sandy’ reduce the heat to low, and keep stirring to distribute the syrup as best as you can
- Continue stirring and tilt the pan to evenly distribute the heat and syrup, until the peanuts are darkened and coated in the syrup
- Sprinkle over a generous amount of sea salt flakes and then place in lined tray to cool and harden.
- Separate the clumps and then store in an airtight container
And now on to the sweet peanut sauce, which was so simple it barely needs a recipe – but here we go anyway!
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- Whisk the water and sugar in a saucepan over high heat until dissolved, then bring to the boil for a minute
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, whisking until as smooth as possible
I wasn’t kidding when I said it was easy! Pop back on Monday to see what I used all this peanutty goodness for!