The November edition of the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop goes live on Monday, and whilst I don’t want to give too much away about my recipe for the blog hop, I thought today I would share the recipes for two elements that will feature come Monday – caramelised peanuts and a sweet peanut sauce!
Let’s start with the caramelised peanuts! These are super easy to make, they just take a little patience, but once they are done you’ll be glad you did all that stirring! The recipe makes quite a few peanuts, but given how many B snacked on I think it’s safe to say that if you’re a peanut fan then they won’t go to waste!
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Good sized sprinkling of sea salt flakes
- Cook the peanuts, sugar and water in a heavy based pan over moderate heat whilst stirring frequently, until the liquid starts to seize up
- When the sugar starts to crystallise and then go ‘sandy’ reduce the heat to low, and keep stirring to distribute the syrup as best as you can
- Continue stirring and tilt the pan to evenly distribute the heat and syrup, until the peanuts are darkened and coated in the syrup
- Sprinkle over a generous amount of sea salt flakes and then place in lined tray to cool and harden.
- Separate the clumps and then store in an airtight container
And now on to the sweet peanut sauce, which was so simple it barely needs a recipe – but here we go anyway!
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- Whisk the water and sugar in a saucepan over high heat until dissolved, then bring to the boil for a minute
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, whisking until as smooth as possible
I wasn’t kidding when I said it was easy! Pop back on Monday to see what I used all this peanutty goodness for!
Ally @ Om Nom AllyNovember 16, 2013 at 9:25 am (9 years ago)
My goodness these two elements look amazing! I’m so intrigued about what you might be unveiling on Monday 😀Reply
Ally @ Om Nom Ally recently posted…High Protein Sticky Date Mousse
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)November 17, 2013 at 8:10 pm (9 years ago)
Thanks Ally! I hope you like the final product on Monday!
ElizabethNovember 17, 2013 at 7:16 pm (9 years ago)
Love the look of the caramelised peanuts but I might try them with almonds.Reply
Elizabeth recently posted…Celebration cakes: Ina Garten’s chocolate cake with Swiss buttercream icing
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)November 17, 2013 at 8:11 pm (9 years ago)
Ooh I’m sure that would be delicious too! In fact, I personally prefer almonds but they just wouldn’t have worked so well for the final dish unfortunately!
Nicole - Champagne and ChipsNovember 20, 2014 at 10:46 pm (8 years ago)
Oh Liz that peanut sauce looks amazing. I’m going to make it this weekend for some serious ice cream drenching 🙂Reply
Nicole – Champagne and Chips recently posted…Hell of the North Review
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)November 22, 2014 at 8:54 am (8 years ago)
Ooh yes, it would make quite the sauce for ice cream!