I found myself with a large pile of carrots that needed using from my last veggie box delivery, so decided to something a little different and make a carrot hummus to take with me to work and snack on during the week. The recipe is from Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage Veg Everyday cookbook and it was both simple and delicious – just how I like recipes to be!
- Cumin seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry pan for a minute, until fragrant
- Grind in a mortar and pestle to a fine powder
- Whisk oil, honey and spices together in a large bowl
- Chop the carrots into 5-6cm pieces and add to the dressing
- Toss to coat, season with salt and pepper, add the garlic and then pop in the oven for around 35 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly then put in a blender with remaining ingredients
- Pulse to a puree, then enjoy!
Do you have a favourite snack food? Any dip suggestions for me?