I felt like whipping up some snacks for work recently, and these cashew cranberry muesli bars called my name. They’re so simple to whip up, are super tasty and pretty healthy too. Plus, they keep well so you can snack on them all week long!
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 2/3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2tbs chia seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup honey (or agave syrup for vegan friendly option)
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- Toast the cashews in a dry pan until lightly golden. Leave to cool then roughly chop
- In a large bowl combine oats, puffed rice, cashews, coconut, chia seeds, cranberries and salt
- In a small saucepan combine the cashew butter, honey or agave and vanilla essence over medium-low heat until smooth and combined
- Pour over the oats mixture and stir until well combined
- Line a 20x30cm pan and press the mixture into the pan. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Remove from the pan and slice into bars
That’s seriously all there is to these cashew cranberry muesli bars! I whipped them up on a Sunday and took them in to work to share with my team and they went down a treat. The combo of cashews and cranberries is a classic for a reason, they just go so well together!
I love the texture combo in these cashew cranberry muesli bars as well. They’re simultaneously chewy and crunchy, so they really tick a lot of boxes! The pinch of salt helps stop them from being too sweet as well, which is always important to me. Basically they are just delicious and you should give them a try for yourself!