This time of year feels appropriate to share drinks recipes, and this cherry pomegranate cocktail is a winner. It’s fruity and fresh, making it perfect for the warmer weather. It’s also the right colour combo for Christmas! Not to mention delicious – which at the end of the day is what matters most.
- 8 cherries
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 limes
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 3-4 shots white rum
- Soda water
- Halve the cherries and muddle with the mint and lime juice in your cocktail shaker
- Add the pomegranate juice, rum and ice and shake well for 30 seconds
- Add ice to your glasses then strain the mixture and pour over the ice
- Top with soda water, then add mint leaves to garnish
It’s as simple as that to whip up this cherry pomegranate cocktail! If you like things a little sweeter then you could add some agave or similar to the mix, but I like that it is on the tarter side. Fresh or frozen cherries both work well – just defrost them first if they are frozen. In fact, I think I prefer the frozen option as they seem to release more juice – plus I just love eating fresh cherries!
I particularly love how quick this cherry pomegranate cocktail is to whip up. No one wants to be spending ages making fresh drinks for everyone over and over when you’re entertaining! I definitely recommend you give this a try at any gatherings you host this summer! I particularly love that I can pick mint from my balcony for this one – it doesn’t get fresher than that!