When I was unpacking things into my new pantry I discovered I had a surplus of cans of chickpeas and corn so knew I needed to add them into my meal plan ASAP. These corn, zucchini and chickpea fritters were a delicious solution to my problem! Simple, tasty and perfect for a quick and healthy dinner. Yum!
I amended a recipe I found at Taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 400g can of chickpeas
- 400g can of corn kernels
- 1 large zucchini
- 2tsp cumin
- 2tbs fresh mint
- 3 spring onions
Salt and pepper
- Combine the milk and eggs in a bowl and whisk until combined
- Gradually add the flour, whisking well until smooth
- Drain the chickpeas and mash until broken down, but some larger pieces are fine. Add to the bowl
- Drain the corn and add to the bowl
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze to remove excess water. Add to the bowl.
- Add the cumin, roughly chopped mint and sliced spring onions into the bowl and fold to combine all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper
- Heat some oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup size portions of the mixture into the pan and cook 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat until all mixture has been cooked
These corn, zucchini and chickpea fritters are another excellent option using almost entirely pantry staples. That makes it a cheap but also filling and delicious option perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can make up the mixture in advance and cook the fritters later the same day which is perfect for those busy evenings when you need dinner on the table in a hurry!
These corn, zucchini and chickpea fritters are particularly excellent when served with either tomato relish or sweet chilli sauce. I had mine with a side salad, but if you want something even more hearty you could fry up some haloumi to top these with, or even an egg. They really are that versatile!