It had been a while since I’d done some baking for work, so I rectified that with these dark chocolate chilli cookies. They’re decadent, utterly delicious & have a great little burst of heat. Plus, they are ready in no time, so what are you waiting for!
The recipe is from Taste
- 120g butter
- 120g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp chilli powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray
- Combine butter and chocolate in heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring to combine until melted. Remove from the heat and set aside
- Beat together the eggs, vanilla essence and both sugars until thickened and pale
- Stir in the melted chocolate, then sift in the flour, cocoa powder and spices and fold to combine
- Fold in the choc chips
- Spoon onto the baking tray and bake for 14 minutes, turning they tray once, until just set
- Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely
These dark chocolate chilli cookies are pretty rich, but they’re oh-so-delicious. I love the little kick of heat in them, it makes them feel a little grown up which is rare for a cookie! It’s safe to say no one complained when I showed up to the office with these on a Monday morning!
While they are definitely great for morning tea, they’re even better warmed and served with ice cream. Go on – treat yourself!