Since being home from my holiday I’ve enjoyed being back in a full sized kitchen again, so decided to get my bake on. I wanted to make something to take to work and settled on these ginger macadamia cookies. They are so easy but so delicious! A bit of spice, a lot of crunch, what more could you ask for!
I slightly amended a recipe I found on the Guardian.
- 125g butter
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 5 nuggets of uncrystallised ginger
- 50g coconut flakes
- 200g plain flour
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp allspice
- 1tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2tsp salt flakes
- 150g macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Beat together softened butter with brown sugar until smooth
- Beat in the egg until well combined
- Thinly slice the ginger and stir in, along with the coconut
- Sift the flour, spices and bicarb soda and stir through along with the salt until just combined
- Roughly chop the nuts and stir through
- Roll into small balls and flatten lightly on to a lined baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes, then cool for a few minutes on the tray before cooling completely on a wire rack
These ginger macadamia cookies are so good, it was hard to stop eating them so I could take them to work! They’re an excellent mix of zesty, nutty and salty – something for everyone! If you have salted macadamia nuts then they are excellent as well, just leave out the additional salt.
It’s safe to say these were well received when I pulled them out at work. Perfect size for a mid-morning snack but not overpoweringly sweet either. I kept the macadamia nuts in fairly large pieces because that’s how I like them, but you could definitely go smaller if you prefer. Personally, I love a good solid crunch when there’s nuts in my cookies!
I love that these ginger macadamia cookies only need one bowl to mix and just 15 minutes in the oven. It means you can whip them up in no time! Perfect for any last minute afternoon tea needs!
CorissaSeptember 20, 2018 at 3:14 am (5 years ago)
Gasp! These look amazing!Reply
LesleyOctober 21, 2020 at 9:05 am (3 years ago)
I love a real hit of ginger and I found that although they were delish, next time I’ll be putting in a lot more ginger and swap out the uncrystallised ginger for glace, which seems to have more heat. In the meanwhile I’ll be enjoying the fruits if my labour.Reply