It’s been ages since I’ve shared a breakfast recipe with you all, but this gingerbread granola is worth waiting for. It’s one of those recipes that I wish you could smell, it’s that good! Plus, it’s super easy to whip up and will keep you happy all week long.
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 3/4tsp ground ginger
- 1/2tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2tbs molasses
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 160C
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a small saucepan combine coconut oil, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla essence over medium low heat until smooth
- Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to coat
- Spoon onto a lined baking dish and spread evenly
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, stirring once, until the granola is browned then remove from the heat
- Allow to cool completely before putting in jars
Technically this gingerbread granola will last in a sealed container for a couple of weeks, but it never lasts that long in my house! I love it with some natural yoghurt and stewed or fresh fruits for breakfast, or eaten by the handful for the jar. It’s seriously tasty, and so good for this time of the year! It would make an excellent gift too!
This is one of those recipes I wish you could smell through the computer. The spices while it’s in the oven give off the best smells, it’s hard not to just eat it all straight away!