With Spring finally upon us I wanted something a little lighter for my work lunches. This mushroom goats cheese pasta salad was an excellent choice! Simple, zesty, delicious and ready in no time at all! I highly recommend you give it a try!
I amended a recipe I found at Taste
- 250g pasta
- 500g mixed mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2tsp seeded mustard
- Half a bunch of chives
- 100g rocket
- 80g goats cheese
- Cook the pasta until al dente and then drain and set aside
- Slice the mushrooms then heat some oil in a large fry pan
- Cook the mushrooms until golden
- Mince the garlic and add to the pan with the lemon zest, toss to combine and cook for 2 minutes
- In a small bowl whisk together 2tbs oil with the lemon juice, seeded mustard and 2tbs finely chopped chives. Taste and season.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss to combine with the mushrooms. Drizzle over the chive dressing and then toss through the rocket.
- Serve, and top with goats cheese and extra chives.
This mushroom goats cheese pasta salad is delicious when served warm, but works excellently as leftovers too. You can reheat it or have it cold, both are delicious options. That’s part of what makes it such a good dish for work lunches!
You can use any combination of mushrooms you prefer in this dish too! I used a mix of button and flat mushrooms this time but something like enoki would be excellent too. I particularly love the zesty, lemony dressing on this pasta salad. It makes it light, fresh and oh so tasty! Plus, it’s hard to beat goats cheese on pretty much anything if you ask me!