Mexican is one of my favourite cuisines and these mushroom, zucchini & black bean quesadillas are a prime example of why! They are so quick and easy to make, super delicious and fairly healthy too! Yum!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 300g mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini
- Can of black beans
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cheese
- Fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Mince the garlic and slice the mushrooms
- Halve the zucchini then cut into small pieces
- Heat some oil in a fry pan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds then add the mushrooms and stir through. Cook for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms have released their liquid
- Add the zucchini and stir through, cooking for 3-4 minutes
- Drain and rinse the black beans and add to the fry pan, along with the spices, stirring to coat everything
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the spinach and cook for a further minute
- Spoon the mixture onto half the tortillas, leaving a space around the edge and pressing down
- Place the quesadillas on a lined baking tray, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15 minutes – until slightly browned and the cheese has melted
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander and enjoy!
I prefer baking my quesadillas as it means I can do a few at once, as well as not needing to add more oil into the mix, but if you prefer you can cook them in a frypan or even under the grill.
These mushroom, zucchini & black bean quesadillas make a perfect light dinner or a delish weekend lunch option (or both!) and even better you can prepare the mushroom mix in advance and just cook the quesadillas as you need them. So good!
I like to serve mine with some of my go-to guacamole as well as a big pile of spinach, making it a filling, complete meal that is pretty darn healthy. This time I even used wholemeal tortillas so they score extra points on the health front!