After making a couple of batches of my Pomegranate & Mint Iced Tea I decided it was time to use pomegranate in a salad again, and had my heart set on this lentil concoction. It almost wasn’t to be as all of a sudden I struggled to find pomegranates anywhere, but I refused to give up and after visiting five separate fruit & vege shops (which is no mean feat when you walk everywhere!) I finally got my hands on some more of the bright coloured beauties and could whip up this salad! Thankfully it was as delicious as I had hoped and it was definitely worth the effort to find the pomegranate!
- Can of lentils
- 1/2 red onion
- Large handful mint
- Large handful parsley
- 100g feta
- Juice of a lemon
- Drain and rinse the lentils and place in a serving dish
- Finely chop the red onion and add to the lentils
- Finely chop the herbs and mix through the lentils
- Chop the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds by hitting with a wooden spoon over a bowl, remove any of the white membrane from the bowl then add the seeds and any juice to lentil mixture
- Chop the feta and add to the lentils
- Squeeze lemon juice over the salad and mix to combine
Whilst my balcony garden is still in its infancy I am loving being able to pick herbs straight off the balcony to add to my salads – so fragrant, fresh and full of flavour. Plus, I only have to pick what I need to use!
Such a colourful and delicious salad whilst still being healthy and filling. That’s my kind of salad!
Are you a pomegranate fan? What’s your favourite way to eat them?