My love for potatoes is pretty well known, but asparagus is another of my favourite veggies. As a result, this potato asparagus avocado salad was always going to be a winner in my books! Simple, fresh, delicious – seriously, give it a try!
- 700g small new potatoes
- 3 bunches asparagus
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 2tbs capers
- 1.5tbs olive oil
- 2tbs apple cider vinegar
- Juice of a lime
- Boil the potatoes until just cooked, approximately 15 minutes, then drain and leave to cool. When cooled, cut into bite sized chunks
- Meanwhile, cut the asparagus into thirds add cook in a frypan until just starting to char
- In a serving bowl combine the rocket and asparagus, then dice the avocado and add to the bowl
- Add the potatoes and toss to combine, then top with the pumpkin seeds and capers
- Whisk together the oil, apple cider vinegar, lime juice and salt then pour over the salad
This potato asparagus avocado salad is light and fresh but still hearty enough to make an excellent work lunch. I love the creaminess of the avocado and the zestiness of the dressing not to mention the crunch of the pumpkin seeds. Obviously it goes without saying I love the potatoes!
I think this salad is going to be making an appearance at BBQs and picnics all summer long. I have a feeling my friends won’t be complaining about that fact either! It works best with small new potatoes, but really you can make it work with whatever potatoes you have on hand. Personally, I can’t wait to get some more from my mum’s garden!