If you follow I Spy Plum Pie on facebook you would have seen I got a new toy recently (and if you don’t, maybe now is a good time to start?!). As an early birthday present my parents bought me a food processor and I LOVE it! It does everything I could possibly need including juicing, blending, mixing and chopping. Given the weather took a turn in Melbourne on Saturday we decided to try it out by making pumpkin soup, and it was a delicious success.
- Approximately 1kg pumpkin
- Garlic (I like it quite strong so put 3 cloves, but do it to your taste)
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- Peel and dice the pumpkin and potato
- Finely cut the leek and onion
- Cook the leek and onion in a saucepan until softened – approximately 3 minutes
- Add the crushed garlic and spices and stir through for 1 minute
- Add the pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 3o minutes
- Allow to cool slightly then blend in small batches until smooth
- Return to the saucepan, reheat and stir through the cream
- Serve with cracked pepper, crusty bread and enjoy!
What’s your favourite soup flavour?
This recipe is linked up with The Veggie Mama for Meatless Monday – hope over to her blog for amazing vegetarian meal ideas. Don’t forget it’s the Meat Free Week Challenge this week!