My love for chickpeas knows no bounds, but I hadn’t roasted them for a while so when I needed a quick and easy salad the combination of roasted chickpeas and broccoli seemed too good to pass up. Nice and simple but packing a flavour punch thanks to the tangy dressing, this salad makes the perfect side dish at a BBQ or part of a lunchtime spread with friends and is equally delicious warm or cold. I think that’s called a winning combination!
- 1 large or 2 small heads of broccoli
- Tin of chickpeas
- 1/3 cup almonds
- Juice of a half a lemon
- 2 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Chop the broccoli into florets and then spread on a tray and roast for 20 minutes
- At the 10 minute mark drain and rinse the chickpeas, spread them on a separate tray and roast until the broccoli is ready
- Dry roast the almonds in a small pan and leave to cool before roughly chopping
- Add the lemon juice, minced garlic and mustard into a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Slowly add the oil, whisking well until it reaches your desired consistency
- Put the roasted broccoli and chickpeas into a serving dish, toss through the almonds and then drizzle over the dressing
Are you a fan of chickpeas like I am? What’s your favourite way to eat them?