Since getting my little BBQ for Christmas I have been wanting to use it for as many meals as humanely possible and this salad was a fantastic way to make that happen. Grilling vegetables brings out such delicious flavours and summer veggies work particularly well for this so a grilled summer israeli couscous salad seemed like the obvious choice!
This salad makes enough to feed quite a few, so it’s the perfect dish to bring along to a summer BBQ or potluck dinner. It’s equally delicious warm or room temperature, so you can make it ahead which is always a bonus in my books!
So here we go!
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 cups Israeli Couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 zucchini
- 2 cobs corn
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups rocket
- 125g feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Heat 1tbs of the oil in a saucepan then add the couscous and toast for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden. Add the boiling water, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain, rinse then drain again. Set aside and toss with remaining 1tbs oil
- Thinly slice the zucchini into strips and grill until lightly charred then set aside
- Grill the corn until charred and then set aside.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes then chop the grilled zucchini into pieces and remove the corn from the cob.
- Combine the couscous, rocket and vegetables in a bowl and crumble the feta over the top
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper and then pour over the salad when ready to eat
I love the char marks the grilling gives the vegetables, although I think my grilling technique might need some practice! This whole BBQing thing is definitely a new world, but I’m pretty excited to see what other delicious food I can cook on the grill! I think some grilled peaches might be making an appearance in the not too distant future!
Do you use a BBQ much? Got any must-make recipes I should try? Until then I think I’ll keep eating this grilled summer Israeli couscous salad!
[inlinkz_linkup id=486885 mode=1]