Curries are definitely my food of the moment at home, particularly creamy coconut milk based curries. This sweet potato & spinach curry combines lots of my favourite ingredients and as with most of the recipes I share here at I Spy Plum Pie it’s super simple to whip up!
The curry is super creamy, flavourful and with just a little kick of spice. It’s an excellent mid-week meal as you can leave it simmering while you’re getting other things done, plus it does perfectly as leftovers as well!
The recipe is slightly adapted from one I found at One Ingredient Chef
- Small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1tsp cumin
- 1tsp coriander
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 2tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Can of diced tomatoes
- Can of chickpeas
- Can of coconut milk
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and set aside
- Heat some oil in a pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes
- Add the garlic, spices, ginger, chilli flakes and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add the diced tomatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk and diced sweet potato and stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- In the last few minutes add the spinach and stir through until it wilts
- Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and serve with rice (and optional naan bread)
Easy as that! I particularly love that this curry can be made with ingredients you’re likely to have in your pantry most of the time, so it’s an excellent fall back meal when you just don’t know what to cook. It also freezes well, so I’ve stocked my freezer with serves for nights when I get home too late to feel like cooking anything from scratch. Perfect!
What have you been cooking lately? Fancy some sweet potato & spinach curry?
[inlinkz_linkup id=510467 mode=1]