For some reason I don’t seem to share many breakfast recipes, despite the fact breakfast is possibly my favourite meal of the day! I’m going to rectify that today with this recipe for tofu scramble. It’s super easy to whip up, very delicious and you can add any vegetables you have lying around! I went with capsicum and silverbeet this time (I have so much silverbeet growing at home I’m using it in everything at the moment!) but tomato, red onion, coriander, and kale all work spectacularly as well!
- Block of firm tofu, pressed
- 1.5 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 clove crushed garlic (or 1tsp of garlic powder)
- Small onion
- Small capsicum (or half a large one)
- Bunch of silverbeet
- Crumble the tofu into a bowl and add the nutritional yeast, turmeric and crushed garlic. Stir to combine
- Finely dice the onion and chop the capsicum into small pieces
- Heat some oil in a pan and cook the onion until translucent
- Add the capsicum and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the tofu mixture and stir through, cooking for a further 2 minutes
- Tear the silverbeet and add to the pan, cooking until the tofu is warmed through and the greens are wilted
The scramble is delicious on toast but also works really well as a vegan breakfast burrito. Warm a tortilla and spoon it into the middle with some hot sauce, wrap it up and away you go!