But wait, there’s more soup! I decided to turn this week into a soup frenzy so I could share lots of different recipes as we head into the depths of winter. This one is something have been making a lot lately, it’s a simple and delicious way to warm up on a cold winter night and can include lots of different veggies so is a great way to use up whatever you have in the fridge. As an added bonus it takes very little time at all so you can have a tasty and nutritious meal ready in a flash – perfect!
- Udon noodles
- Block of firm tofu
- Miso paste (2tbs or 2 sachets)
- 1 litre veggie stock
- Mixed vegetables – this time I used snow peas, carrot and broccoli but mushroom and Asian greens work great too
- Boil the udon noodles for approximately 8 minutes, then drain and rinse in cold water
- Peel and chop the carrot into thin discs
- Top and tail then snow peas then slice into thin strips
- Chop the broccoli into florets
- Chop the tofu into cubes
- Bring 1 litre of veggie stock to the boil and mix in the miso paste (or powder)
- Add the broccoli and carrots and boil for a couple of minutes
- Add the peas and tofu and cook for a further two minutes
- Add the noodles and boil for another two minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
What are you cooking to stay warm at the moment? Got any mid-week meal suggestions for me?
If you’re after more soup recipes how about pumpkin soup, sweet potato, carrot & chilli soup, potato & leek soup or a creamy cauliflower soup?