As I mentioned in my Vegan High Tea post, I made a couple of dips as part of the feast – one of which was this White Bean & Rocket dip. It’s incredibly simple but super delicious, and works just as well as a sandwich spread as it does as a dip. Perfect!
If you can, it’s best to prepare it a little ahead of time as the flavours develop nicely in the fridge, but it’s still tasty freshly made!
- 2 cans white beans (cannellini beans)
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of a lemon
- 1tbs ground cumin
- 1/2 tbs smoked paprika
- 50g rocket
- Drain and rinse the beans then place them in a bowl with the olive oil
- Mash the beans with a fork until it is paste like. Some lumps are fine for texture
- Mince the garlic and add to the bowl with the lemon juice and spices, mix well to combine
- Finely chop the rocket and add to the bowl and mix through
- Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed
I do love a bit of a chunky dip! So good for scooping up with some veggies or pita chips. Yummo!
Are you a chunky dip fan too?