Some nights all I want for dinner is something hearty & warming and this creamy white wine and mushroom pasta is absolutely perfect for that. Sure, it might not be the healthiest dinner in the world but it sure is delicious! Plus, you can have it on the table in around 30 minutes!
- Pasta for 4 people (I used curls)
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 600g mushrooms (I used a combination of portobello and button)
- 50g butter
- 1tbs olive oil
- 500ml white wine
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 250ml cream
- 1tsp nutmeg
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- Cook the pasta until al dente
- Meanwhile, dice the onion and mince the garlic
- Roughly chop the mushrooms
- Melt the butter in a frypan and add the oil. Cook the onion and garlic until translucent
- Add the mushrooms and toss to combine with the onion mix. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the mushrooms have started to soften and release their liquid
- Add the white wine and stock, stirring to combine and simmer on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until the liquid starts to reduce and thicken
- Stir in the cream, nutmeg and lots of black pepper and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and reduced to your preferred consistency
- Roughly chop the parsley and stir half through
- Divide the pasta into bowls and spoon over the mushroom sauce, topping with remaining parsley
Easy as that! This white wine and mushroom pasta sure is creamy and delicious, and it’s also super simple to whip up! It’s not exactly the most groundbreaking recipe, but sometimes all we need is a comforting bowl of pasta for dinner!
The best part is you don’t need to use a fancy wine to make this sauce, whatever you have on hand will work! I was going to say it’s perfect for leftover wine, but really, who has leftover wine hanging around?!