I was after a simple, delicious homemade Christmas treat and decided this pistachio cherry bark was the answer! It’s seriously easy to make but so tasty and looks impressive too. Perfect for Christmas gifts or a treat for your upcoming events!
- 350g milk chocolate
- 225g white chocolate
- 2/3 cup pistachios
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- Sea salt
- Line a baking tray (at least 30cm each way) with baking paper
- Chop the milk chocolate into small pieces and in a bowl over simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Stir in most of the pistachios and cherries
- Pour onto the lined tray, spreading to roughly 1/2cm thickness
- Meanwhile, repeat step 2 with the white chocolate, then dollop over the top then use a knife to swirl together to create a marbled loop
- Sprinkle over the remaining pistachios and cherries and press in gently. Sprinkle over a little sea salt.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour to set, then break into pieces and store in an airtight container
That’s all there is to this pistachio cherry bark! There’s something very Christmassy about the combo of pistachio and cherry, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy this bark all year round. It make such an easy treat to take along to an afternoon tea or someone’s house and you can make it ahead of time as well. Just be sure to keep it refrigerated – it will of course start melting if you leave it out too long!
Given the simpleness of the ingredients it’s best to use good quality chocolate for this pistachio cherry bark. If you’re after another bark recipe to add to the mix as well – last Christmas I shared this candy cane bark! Christmas treats galore!