After eating overnight oats for the last while I decided I wanted to do something different with my oats! This blueberry pecan baked oatmeal was the result and it is delicious! It’s so simple to make and will store well all week for breakfast on demand – perfect!
I tweaked a recipe I found on Cookie and Kate
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 2 cups oats
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3/4tsp sea salt
- 3tbs butter
- 1 3/4 cup of oat milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2tsp vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 190C and line a square baking dish
- Roughly chop the pecans and toast in the oven for 4-5 minutes
- Combine the oats, nuts, spices, baking powder and salt and stir to combine
- In a separate bowl melt half the butter then add the milk, maple syrup, egg and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of the blueberries on the base of your pan then cover with the oat mixture
- Pour over the wet ingredients and ensure they have covered all the dry ingredients
- Scatter over the remaining berries and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden
- Melt the rest of the butter and drizzle over the top
That’s all there is to get yourself some delicious blueberry pecan baked oatmeal! I particularly love that I can whip this up on a Sunday and have breakfast prepped and ready to go for the whole week. It is delicious both hot and cold, but I prefer it warm so just pop it in the microwave when I’m ready to eat it.
I love my blueberry pecan baked oatmeal served with some yoghurt and fresh berries, but if you like things a little sweeter then a drizzle of honey or maple syrup on top works well too. It’s seriously such an excellent breakfast option – so delicious, but also healthy and filling at the same time.