This broccoli cranberry salad is possibly one of the simplest recipes I have ever shared. Don’t let that fool you though, it’s also seriously delicious. So quick to make, it’s an excellent addition to a BBQ or picnic. It’s vegan friendly too!
I slightly tweaked a recipe from Cookie and Kate
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1.5tbs dijon mustard
- 1tbs maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Toast the almonds until lightly golden and then set aside
- Slice the broccoli (stems and florets) and then roughly chop and add to a serving bowl
- Dice the onion and add to the broccoli
- Add the almonds and cranberries and toss to combine
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, maple syrup and minced garlic
- Whisk together, then taste and season with salt and pepper
- Pour over the broccoli mix and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate until ready to serve
That’s all there is to this broccoli cranberry salad! I love the freshness of using raw broccoli, and the tartness of the cranberries. It’s one of those salads that gets better after you let it sit for a while as the flavours of the dressing really start to shine. That means it works excellently for leftovers too. If you have any leftover that is – it’s so good you can’t guarantee it!
This broccoli cranberry salad is perfect as part of a big spread at a BBQ or picnic, or even as part of a dinner party. It will help counterbalance any heavy or creamy dishes you might be serving, and ensure you get a good serve of greens in. Plus, most importantly it’s seriously tasty!