After sharing my pear and pecan overnight oats recently I thought I would share another favourite flavour combo! These choc banana overnight oats are one of my other go-to options, and they are seriously delicious. They’re equally as easy to make too!
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1tbs chia seeds
- 1-2tbs cacao powder or chocolate protein powder
- 1/3-1/2 milk (I use oat milk)
- 1/2 a ripe banana
- Yoghurt (to serve, optional)
- Fresh banana (to serve)
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, cacao or protein powder in a jar, bowl or container – stirring well to combine
- Mash the ripe banana and add to the container
- Pour in the milk and mix well
- Cover and pop in the fridge overnight
- When ready to serve top with sliced fresh banana, handful of walnuts and yoghurt (if using)
I like to use chocolate protein powder in my choc banana overnight oats to ensure I am starting the day with a good protein hit, but cacao powder works just as well. As with my pear version, I tend to use the lesser amount of milk because I like mine quite thick, but mix to your liking!
The flavour combo of choc banana is such a classic, but for good reason. It makes this taste like it’s almost dessert for breakfast, and there’s nothing wrong with that in my books! However, they are still super healthy and a great way to kick-start your day!
One of my favourite things about overnight oats is that I can mix them up on a Sunday night and have breakfast ready to grab and go for the week. Perfect for busy mornings, to take to work with you post-gym, you name it. So handy and so delicious at the same time!