Whilst hearty meals are my normal go-to in the colder months, sometimes I crave something that is still warming but just that little bit lighter and that’s where this coconut lime noodle soup comes to play! The best part is it’s ready in next to no time, making it perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 400g firm tofu
- 300g mushrooms
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 6cm fresh ginger
- Can of coconut milk
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3tbs soy sauce
- 2tsp brown sugar
- Chilli (optional)
- 3/4 cup coriander
- Cook the noodles according to package directions and set aside
- Cube the tofu and slice the mushrooms and set aside
- Bring the stock to the boil then reduce to a simmer
- Thinly slice the ginger and add to the stock, letting simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and stir through, let simmer for a minute
- Add the tofu and mushrooms and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until cooked through
- Add the lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and sliced chilli and stir through
- Add half the coriander and cook for another minute
- Separate the noodles into serving bowls and spoon over the soup
- Top with fresh coriander and fresh lime juice and enjoy!
The broth is zesty and light but the addition of the noodles ensures that the soup is still filling enough to work for dinner. I used button and portobello mushrooms but any kind would work! The whole thing is ready in under 25 minutes too which is always a definite win in my books, particularly when I’m freezing cold after walking home from work and need warming up ASAP!
merilynJuly 11, 2016 at 6:02 pm (7 years ago)
this looks yummy! thanks liz!Reply
I’ve done similar!
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)July 19, 2016 at 5:45 pm (7 years ago)
Thanks lovely xx
leaf (the indolent cook)July 12, 2016 at 9:40 pm (7 years ago)
Looks great – a soup like this will certainly keep me nice and warm in winter!Reply
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)July 19, 2016 at 5:44 pm (7 years ago)
Anything to stay warm at the moment!
Shari from GoodFoodWeekJuly 17, 2016 at 8:00 pm (7 years ago)
YUM – this coconut noodle soup sounds delicious. I think that this would also go down a treat with my boys, so I might have to whip it up for lunch one day this week.Reply
Shari from GoodFoodWeek recently posted…Recipe: The shish kawook chook and my cous cous salad
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)July 19, 2016 at 5:43 pm (7 years ago)
Please let me know if you do!
Vicki @ Boiled Eggs & SoldiersJuly 18, 2016 at 4:18 pm (7 years ago)
I’ve not made a soup like this before but it would be perfect for the winter (or non winter) we have in the tropics!Reply
Vicki @ Boiled Eggs & Soldiers recently posted…Your Weekly Feed #60
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)July 19, 2016 at 5:42 pm (7 years ago)
I wish I was having a tropical winter right about now!
Karin @ Calm to ConniptionJuly 20, 2016 at 1:44 pm (7 years ago)
Oh yum! I might switch the tofu for chicken just because I’m not a fan. The flavours sound fantastic!Reply
Karin @ Calm to Conniption recently posted…The Ultimate Rabbit Hole #76: Baby Mamas On Tour!
JayneJuly 21, 2016 at 10:52 am (7 years ago)
what a fabulously tasty soup and vegetarian too! great site love the name!!Reply
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)October 6, 2016 at 7:09 pm (6 years ago)