It’s been a while since I’ve shared a granola recipe, but I found myself with some fruit and nuts to use up so here we are! This fig cranberry granola is seriously delicious. Plus, it’s vegan friendly and simple to whip up!
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 160g dried figs
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Place the oats and coconut in a large bowl
- Roughly chop the almond and pistachios and add to the bowl, along with the pepitas and cinnamon
- Stir well to combine
- In a small jug combine the maple syrup with room temperature coconut oil (melt if necessary) then pour over the oats mixture. Stir to coat.
- Spoon on to a large, lined baking tray and spread out
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown
- Roughly chop the figs and add to the granola mix along with the cranberries. Spoon through and leave to cool
That’s all there is to this fig cranberry granola! It’s slightly sweet, super nutty and seriously tasty. I love serving it with a splash of oat milk, topped with yoghurt and some fresh fruit. Although, plenty of it gets eaten straight from the jar too!
You can use honey in place of the maple syrup if that’s what you have on hand, it will just no longer be vegan friendly. If you don’t have pistachios, or want a slightly cheaper nut, then just go with your favourite alternative. This fig cranberry granola will still be tasty!
It keeps well in a sealed jar for up to a week as well, so it’s an excellent one to make on a Sunday afternoon and have delicious breakfasts ready for the week. You just have to stop yourself from snacking on it too often which is easier said than done!