Hummus has got to be one the of easiest dips not only to make, but to change up as well. I’ve already shared a few different varieties here on I Spy Plum Pie over the last two years, and there seems to be no end of options still to make! For today’s variety I wanted something with a little kick and so harissa hummus it is!
I originally served the dip with crackers and carrots for an afternoon tea and then used the remainder as a spread on some wraps for my work lunches, and it was equally delicious in both forms. Adding hummus to a basic salad wrap is such an easy way to up the protein content of my lunch, keeping me full well into the afternoon whilst also making it extra delicious.
Now, on to the recipe!
- Can of chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 3tbs tahini
- 3tsp harissa paste (or more to taste)
- 2tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2tbs fresh mint
- Drain and rinse chickpeas then place in a food processor with garlic, lemon juice and zest, tahini and harissa. Blitz until well combined.
- Slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth
- Taste and season with salt and pepper (and more harissa if you like!)
- Spoon into a bowl then top with diced mint leaves and an extra drizzle of harissa
I kept mine with a little bite, but not so much that it overpowered the dip. I get my harissa from the local Turkish grocer and it comes as a concentrated paste, so if yours is more of a sauce-like consistency then you might need to use a little more to get the flavour to really come through. Have a play and see what you like best!
merilynFebruary 8, 2015 at 9:11 am (8 years ago)
I love hummus liz!Reply
and I love that board you’ve served it on with the ceramic plate/tray thing!
I do a bean smash which is similar! definitely can make it a substantial vegetarian meal! enjoy your weekend! love m:)X
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)February 11, 2015 at 8:48 pm (8 years ago)
Ooh yum, I do love a bean smash! xx