I’ve been cycling through salads for work lunches lately and hearty, fresh options are always what I look for. This lentil chickpea radish salad absolutely fits the bill! It’s hearty enough to fill me up while still being fresh and delicious!
- Can lentils
- Can chickpeas
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Bunch radishes
- Fennel bulb
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1tsp dijon mustard
- 1tsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the lentils and chickpeas
- Combine in a serving bowl with the mixed greens
- Thinly slice the radishes and fennel and add to the bowl
- Top with fresh dill and the leafy tops of the fennel
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, maple syrup and minced garlic. Taste and season.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss to combine
That’s seriously all there is to this lentil chickpea radish salad! No need to turn on the oven or stove, and yet the end result is packed with flavour and textures. I used a combination of red and white radishes for this salad because that’s what came in my veggie box, but whatever you have on hand works! I think it’s fair to say I have used radishes in more dishes this year than I have ever before, they have fast become a regular in my fridge!
This lemon mustard salad dressing is one of my absolute favourites. It’s so simple and uses ingredients I always have on hand but it’s so delicious. It really adds a punch of flavour to any salad combo, and matches these ingredients so well. It’s always a bonus when you can get a seriously tasty lunch option ready with such little work required!