I first participated in the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop back in August when the delightful Sophie hosted a cookie theme (to which I took my white chocolate & macadamia cookies). For some reason I didn’t get around to taking part in the next two SABH, but when I saw that this month’s theme (hosted by Nic from Nic cooks) was cheese, I knew I had no choice but to participate!
I don’t think it’s any secret I love cheese. I would never turn down a cheese platter, and more often than not cheese turns up in my salads in the form of haloumi, feta or goats cheese. It had been a while, however, since I had used cheese in a sweet dish, so I was excited to have a play and see what I could come up with – and peanut butter cheesecake with a peanut sauce and caramelised peanuts was it! If you missed my post last week, I have already shared the recipes for the sauce and the caramelised peanuts, so today it’s all about the cheesecake!
- 1 cup biscuit – I used butternut snap biscuits
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 packets cream cheese
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1tbs plain flour
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Crush the biscuits and melt the butter, then combine in a bowl
- Press into the base of lined cupcake pans and bake for 10 minutes before leaving to cool and harden
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, flour, sugar and vanilla and beat with electric beaters until smooth and combined
- Add the eggs and beat until well combined
- Spoon onto the bases and flatten the tops as best you can. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, removing them when the tops are set.
- Leave to cool before removing from the patty-pan cases, then refrigerate until required (try for at least a few hours)
- Spoon over the peanut sauce and top with caramelised peanuts prior to serving