Oats are a big staple of my weekday breakfasts – sometimes baked oats, sometimes overnight oats! Recently these pear pecan overnight oats have been my go-to and they are an absolute winner. Quick, simple and oh-so-delicious too!
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1tbs chia seeds
- 1-2tbs protein powder (optional)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/3-1/2 milk (I use oat milk)
- Yoghurt (to serve, optional)
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, protein powder (if using), cinnamon and nutmeg in a jar, bowl or container – stirring well to combine
- Pour in the milk and mix well
- Dice the pear and add half to the oat mix and stir to combine
- Cover and pop in the fridge overnight
- When ready to serve top with remaining pear, handful of pecans and yoghurt (if using)
That’s all there is to these pear pecan overnight oats! The recipe will make one serve, but you can definitely mix up a few all at once as they keep well in the fridge for a few days. It’s such a great way to make sure you have a quick and healthy breakfast ready and waiting for you during the working week. Even better then it’s also delicious!
The combination of the pears and spices makes this feel like a very wintery breakfast, and when topped with the crunchy pecans is definitely hard to beat. This has been my go-to breakfast for the last few weeks and I’m not at all sick of it yet!
I like to add some vanilla protein powder to my pear pecan overnight oats to make sure I am getting a good amount of protein to start my day, but it’s obviously optional. Personally I use the Tropeaka powder and find it mixes in well and isn’t at all grainy which is very important!
I tend to use about 1/3 cup of oat milk when I make these as I like them quite thick, but if you prefer a more runny consistency then just up the milk to your liking. Either way they will be tasty!