I’m still working from home most of the time so having healthy snacks on hand remains very vital! This pistachio walnut oat slice has been on high rotation recently and for good reason. It’s simple to whip up, delicious and healthy too!
I tweaked a recipe from Love and Lemons
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Line a square baking pan with paper, letting it overhang
- Combine the nuts, oats, cinnamon and salt in a food processor and blitz for 30 seconds until they resemble breadcrumbs
- With the engine running drizzle in the maple syrup, oil and vanilla until it forms a crumbly dough
- Press into the lined pan and top with coconut flakes, pressing down gently, and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown but still slightly soft
- Allow to cool in the pan then lift out and cool on a wire rack
- Top with extra pistachios and coconut flakes if you like!
There you have it, super simple pistachio walnut oat slices! They’re nutty, oat-y and all around tasty. They make for an excellent snack with a cup of tea to keep you powering through the day – the fact you can whip them up in advance makes them even better.
They will firm up as the cool, so you definitely don’t want to keep them in the oven too long – you want them to end up a dense cake-like texture. You can play with the proportion of each nut as well to match what you have on hand – I love that these just need pantry ingredients. It means I can have some on hand whenever the mood strikes!