Even though the weather has cooled down I’m still making up big salads for my work lunches as I find them super satisfying no matter what. Plus, it helps me pretend it’s slightly warmer than it really is! This salad was created because I knew I wanted to make a quinoa salad but I didn’t know what I wanted to put with it, so in the end I went with a rainbow assortment of vegetables, lots of herbs and a simple dressing of lemon juice. It turned out SO delicious and all the colour made me happy every time I ate it. Can’t ask for more than that from your lunch really!
- 1 cup quinoa
- Cherry tomatoes
- Herbs (I used parsley & coriander as that’s what I had on hand, others would work as well!)
- Juice of a lemon
- Rinse and cook the quinoa, then set aside to cool
- Cook the corn in boiling water for 10 minutes, then chargrill until slightly blackened
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters
- Dice the carrot and capsicum
- Roughly chop the broccoli then steam for 2 minutes
- When the corn has cooled remove the kernels from the cob
- Rough chop the herbs
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocado then mash slightly with a fork
- When the quinoa is cooled place it in a serving dish and mix through all the vegetables and herbs
- Drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper
- Add the avocado on top (add fresh avocado each time you serve it)
You can use canned corn in place of the fresh corn if you don’t have time to cook it but I would recommend the chargrilled version if you can, it adds a different flavour into the mix that is really great.
SO much colour!
What are you having for lunch in the cooler weather? What do you think of the colours in this salad?