I love a simple pasta dish in winter, and this one absolutely hit the mark. This roasted carrot and tomato pasta is so easy to make, but is deceptively delicious too! It’s creamy and delicious, but also packed with veggies – what more could you want!
I slightly tweaked an Adam Liaw recipe
- 4 medium carrots
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1tbs olive oil
- 2tbs white wine
- 500g dried spaghetti
- Parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Cut the carrots into chunks and the tomatoes into quarters, removing the core
- Peel and cut the onion into quarters and peel the garlic
- Place all vegetables on a large baking tray and drizzle with oil, season well
- Roast for 45 minutes, turning once, until softened and starting to caramelise
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the wine to deglaze the pan, scraping up any burnt pieces
- Blend until smooth
- Cook the pasta until just al dente then drain, reserving a little of the cooking water
- Add the pasta, some extra oil and the sauce in a frypan over medium heat and toss to combine. Add pasta water as needed to thin to taste
- Top with fresh parsley and cracked pepper to serve
That’s all there is to this roasted carrot and tomato pasta! The best part is you can make the sauce ahead of time and just heat it up while you cook the pasta, making it a perfect prep-ahead option when you know you have a busy day coming up.
I have made this a couple of times now and it’s such a great winter dinner option. Warming and hearty but with plenty of veggies, and plenty of flavour. Sometimes I stir some spinach through if I want to add some greens into the mix without making a salad, which works super well too. Basically, you can’t go wrong!