In my last few veggie box deliveries I had received radishes a few times, and wanted to do something a little different with them this time. The result was this roasted radish, potato and Jerusalem artichoke salad and it was a real winner. An excellent way to use winter veggies!
- 500g potatoes
- 300g Jerusalem artichokes
- 400g radishes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice of a lemon
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 200g rocket
- Fresh parsley
- 75g goats cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced
- Chop the potatoes into quarters and halve the Jerusalem artichokes
- Toss in some oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until starting to turn golden
- Halve the radishes and add to the pan, tossing to coat in the oil
- Roast for a further 20 minutes, until all vegetables are golden
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, minced garlic, lemon juice and mustard and then taste and season
- Combine the roast vegetables with the rocket in a bowl
- Drizzle with dressing, top with some fresh parsley and goats cheese
That’s all there is to this roasted radish, potato and Jerusalem artichoke salad! It’s seriously simple, but don’t let that fool you, it’s also seriously tasty. It’s best served warm, but I still enjoyed the cold leftovers the next day too.
It was such a nice way to use radishes too. I pretty much always eat them raw, sliced thinly in salads or on top of tacos or the like. Turns out they are super tasty roasted too! I’ll definitely be using them like this more in the future.
This roasted radish, potato and Jerusalem artichoke salad is hearty enough to make an excellent option to serve with some baked tofu for dinner, or as part of a Sunday lunch spread. I’ll never say no to a dish involved roast potatoes, that’s for sure!