Late last week I had a huge craving for risotto and realised I hadn’t made any in months, so set about changing that quick smart. I like to keep mine simple on the ingredient front (but not on the flavour front!) so went with spinach and goat’s cheese, and it definitely hit the mark!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Goat’s cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dice the onion and garlic
- Pour the stock into a saucepan, bring to the boil then turn to a simmer
- Heat some oil in another saucepan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes
- Add the rice and coat with the onion and garlic
- Pour in the wine and stir until absorbed
- Gradually add the stock a ladle at a time, stirring until absorbed
- Once all stock has been absorbed mix through the spinach and goat’s cheese
- Season with salt and pepper and serve
What have you been craving cooking recently?
This recipe is linked up with Veggie Mama’s Meatless Monday – hop over to see all kinds of delicious vegetarian meal ideas!