My love of all things potato is very well documented, but that doesn’t mean that I’ve run out of ways to cook it! With this gorgeous weather we’ve been having lately I have been eating a lot of simple dinners mainly revolving around salads with haloumi or something similar. This spring potato salad is one of my new favourites, it’s tangy, fresh and ready in no time!
It’s full of fresh herbs and deliciously sweet peas so it feels light and healthy despite being based around potatoes! So, here’s what’s in it!
- 1kg potatoes
- 2tbs white wine vinegar
- 2tbs dijon mustard
- 2 cups peas
- 1 cup rocket
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Half a bunch of spring onions
- 2tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the potatoes into quarters then cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes, until just cooked through
- While cooking the potatoes combine the vinegar and mustard and whisk well, then season with salt and pepper
- Toss the cooked potatoes through the mustard dressing to coat well then set aside to cool
- Before serving, briefly cook the peas then rinse under cold water
- Combine the potatoes, peas and rocket in a serving dish
- Finely chop the herbs and slice the spring onions then drizzle over with oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine
Easy as that! I do love a dish that can be ready in well under half an hour and this spring potato salad definitely ticks that box. Plus, for such a simple dish it is still full of flavour so you’re not missing out on anything just because it’s easy to make! Plus, it’s full of potatoes so that is always going to make me a happy camper.
I also loved being able to nip out onto my balcony to add the mint and parsley to this dish, my herbs are loving this sunshine and flourishing at the moment. It’s hard to beat the smell of fresh cut herbs for me, they really just make such a difference to a dish and thankfully they are pretty easy to grow as well!
Are you a potato fan too? Fancy a bowl of my spring potato salad?
[inlinkz_linkup id=573580 mode=1]