Sorry about the lack of posts recently – we’ve been having all kinds of technical problems here in I Spy Plum Pie world, but we’ve almost fixed all the gremlins and will resume regular programming! Hurrah!
The other week I spotted this Vermicelli noodle salad recipe on the Vegie Project blog and wanted to try it, so I thought I’d make a Vietnamese themed night of it and make some rice paper rolls as well. They are so simple and delicious, and were a great way to start our Vietnamese feast!
I had just received a new veggie box delivery so we made the rice paper rolls using mainly ingredients from that, including purple carrots which made them a little different to normal!
- Rice Paper Sheets
- Rice noodles
- Assorted vegetables – I used carrots, snow peas, capsicum and sprouts
- Dipping sauces – I used sweet chilli and kecap manis
- Julienne slice all your veggies so they are roughly the same length
- Prepare the noodles as per package directions
- Soften the rice paper sheets with some water
- Get rolling! I find it easiest to place all the filling towards one end, tuck the top and bottom in and then roll, making sure to keep it nice and tight!
- Dip into the sauce of your choice and enjoy! Easy as that!
The Vermicelli Noodle Salad was super simple too – crisp up some tofu in the oven, slice up veggies, mix together a dressing and soften the noodles! Delicious!
What have you been cooking lately?