Veggie Fritters are something I love to make whenever I have a whole range of veggies to use up, because you really can throw in anything you like and they will taste delicious. So feel free to substitute the veggies I used for anything you have sitting in the fridge (or garden!)
These fritters are great for lunches and also freeze well. Just wrap them individually and pop in the freezer and then when you want to eat them cook them in the oven for about 10 minutes at about 180 degrees. Too easy!
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1tsp of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp paprika (or any spice you like)
- 1 cup milk (I use almond milk, but go with your favourite)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the potatoes and squeeze out the excess starch
- Grate zucchini and dice the onion
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl except the milk
- Slowly add the milk while stirring to combine the ingredients
- Cover the bowl and leave it to rest for approximately 30 minutes
- Heat some oil in a pan and add spoonfuls of the mixture
- Cook til browned on both sides
What is your favourite combination for fritters?