Happy Australia Day (and Meatless Monday linkup day!) everyone!
With all the warm weather we’ve been having this summer it’s been imperative to have my freezer stocked with icy poles, and after making the berry mint combo multiple times it was time to mix things up a bit! I thought a double flavour combination was in order so these bad boys have a pineapple-lime base and a watermelon-mint top, but that’s a bit of a mouthful so we’ll just call them Watermelon Pineapple Icy Poles shall we!
Given how wonderfully sweet fruit is at this time of year there’s no need to add any sugar to these icy poles so they are the perfect healthy hot-weather treat. I may have even eaten some for breakfast! Of course, you can always make them all one flavour if you’d prefer, but I do love the combo of them both together!
This makes 6 icy poles but feel free to scale up if you want to make more!
- 1/4 watermelon
- 1/4 cup mint
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- Half a pineapple
- Zest and juice of two limes
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- Remove the skin and rind and chop the watermelon into chunks
- Finely chop the mint and combine with the watermelon, lemon zest and juice in a blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Pour into the base of your icy pole moulds and freeze for an hour
- Remove the skin from the pineapple and chop into chunks
- Combine with the lime zest and juice and coconut water in a blender and blitz until smooth
- Pour into icy pole moulds until full and insert stick. Freeze for 4-6 hours until set
These are incredibly refreshing and the addition of the mint and citrus gives them a little zing which I really enjoy. Plus, the colours look pretty which is more important to me than it probably should be! They’re super easy to whip up so I recommend you get some in your freezer ASAP, you won’t regret it!
What are your favourite icy pole flavours? Fancy giving these Watermelon Pineapple Icy Poles a try?
[inlinkz_linkup id=489185 mode=1]