After participating in January’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop Popsicle Party with my Strawberry Peach Vodka Pops, I was inspired by everyone’s creative flavours and couldn’t wait to try out some more combos of my own! I decided to make some healthy & refreshing all-fruit popsicles using both grapes and melons – doesn’t get much more summery than that!
When I was a kid we used to put grapes in our ice trays so we would get a frozen grape inside each block of ice – I don’t know why it seemed so interesting but I do remember really enjoying it, so I decided to pop some halved grapes inside these popsicles to really hark back to my childhood! They add an interesting burst of texture too!
- Large bunch of grapes
- Half a cantaloupe
For the Grape half
- Remove grapes from their stems and place the majority in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Leave a few aside to keep whole. Simmer the grapes for approximately 10 minutes, until softened
- Strain the grapes through a mesh strainer to remove all juice then discard the skins. Stir in a little sugar (to taste) and leave to cool
- Pour into your popsicle moulds and place some halved grapes in each mould. Freeze for approximately 1 hour, until almost set
For the Cantaloupe half
- Peel and deseed the cantaloupe then roughly dice
- Mix approximately 1/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup boiling water until dissolved. Allow to cool slightly
- Place the cantaloupe in a blender with the sugar mixture and blitz until smooth
- Pour over the almost frozen grape portion, insert your popsicle sticks and allow to freeze completely
Yummo! So refreshing and delicious! These popsicles holders are extra useful as they catch any bits that are melting away so I don’t end up with sticky fingers and lost popsicle!
What’s your favourite popsicle flavour? Tried any out-there flavours recently?
Ally @ Om Nom AllyFebruary 6, 2014 at 5:21 pm (9 years ago)
I’ve got those same moulds, they’re awesome for catching the drippies 🙂 Loving these popsicles with the two-tone effect, they look fabulous and the added halved grapes are a great touch.Reply
These will go down so well on Sunday when it’s going to be scorching, thank you!
Ally @ Om Nom Ally recently posted…Eating for Hormonal Balance + Green Adrenal Tonic Smoothie
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)February 7, 2014 at 7:44 pm (9 years ago)
They’re great aren’t they, so much less mess! It’s going to be horrible this weekend isn’t it? Popsicles for every meal I think!
EmFebruary 11, 2014 at 2:36 pm (9 years ago)
Where do you get the moulds/holders from?Reply
Em recently posted…Barnbougle – The Dunes and Lost Farm – Tasmania
I Spy Plum Pie (admin)February 11, 2014 at 2:49 pm (9 years ago)
I got them from a homewares/kitchen store – Matchbox, House…one of those ones! If I remember the name I shall let you know!