I first made a variation on this salad before Christmas, and when trying to decide what to make for lunch at work this week I thought I’d give this another go, with some changes like the addition of cranberries and pomegranate molasses. It worked out pretty well too – although it’s not the prettiest of salads to photograph, that’s for sure!
For the Salad
- Brown rice
- 1/2 pomegranate
- Dried cranberries
- Goat’s cheese
For the Dressing
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Swig of pomegranate molasses
- Salt and pepper to taste
I got my pomegranate from the local Turkish supermarket and it was yellow inside – which I was assured was fine to eat – it tastes good, but doesn’t have the same colour impact in the salad as the red seeds would have!
- Cook your rice using your preferred method – I use a rice cooker
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate, and put as much of the juice as possible in a small bowl
- Add the oil, lemon juice and pomegranate molasses to the juice and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper and leave aside
- Chop your walnuts, mint and goat’s cheese
- When the rice is cooked and cooled add it to a large bowl
- Add the pomegranate seeds, cranberries and walnuts
- Add the mint and goat’s cheese
- Pour the dressing over and stir to mix everything through
What have you been having for lunch this week?