This year will be my first Christmas in my little apartment, and whilst we do most of the Christmas celebrations at my folks place I still wanted to get into the festive spirit at home. I started to look into where I could buy decorations that were fair trade, made from recycled materials or in some other way sustainably made so I thought I would share what I found with you all too! So here we go, my ethical Christmas decorations shopping guide!
It was surprisingly hard to locate Australian online stores with ethical Christmas decorations, but luckily the few stores I did find had quite a few options, so if the exact colours or designs I’ve picked aren’t quite up your alley I recommend having a browse at what else they have!
Decorations for Your Tree
Where To Shop Them:
1. Recycled Glass Snowflake ($14) – Biome Eco Store^
2. Art Deco Recycled Glass Sphere ($14) – Biome Eco Store^
3. Tidings bird ($15.95) – Biome Eco Store^
4. Mosaic Heart ($12.95) – Oxfam Shop^
5. Three White Birds Hanging Set ($25.95) – Oxfam Shop^
6. Hanging Bauble with Red Floral Design ($6.95) – Oxfam Shop^
7. Velvet Zari Deer ($14.95) – Oxfam Shop^
8. Wooden Santa ($12) – Hard to Find
9. Recycled Magazine Angels ($19.95) – Oxfam Shop^
10. Wooden Reindeer ($12) – Hard to Find
Decorations for Your Home
Where to Shop Them:
1. Northern Forest 3D Decoration ($89.95) – Hard to Find
2. Holly Leaf Garland ($12.95) – Oxfam Shop^
3. Nativity Ornament in Red ($29.95) – Oxfam Shop^
4. Felt Ball Pom Pom Garland ($25) – Down That Little Lane
5. Twig Reindeer Candle Holder ($25.95) – Oxfam Shop^
6. Tea Bag Christmas Decorations ($16.50) – Biome Eco Store^
7. Christmas Creatures Paper Toys ($16.50) – Hard to Find
8. Recycled Paper Nativity Set ($29.95) – Oxfam Shop^
9. Christmas Tree Lantern ($9.95) – Down That Little Lane
10. Merry Christmas Ceramic Bunting ($59.95) – Biome Eco Store^
11. Merry Christmas Sign ($50) – Hard to Find
So many gorgeous options to choose from, I’m not entirely sure where to start! I think I definitely need one of those cute little reindeer candle holders though, and some garland, oh and more than a couple of the tree decorations too! Which are your favourites?
If you want to purchase some of the gorgeous offerings from the Oxfam Shop they are currently offering free shipping for purchases over $80 – just follow this link^ & enter the code VEPNEF! You’ll be helping Oxfam continue their great work as well!