Guess what! Today is my third blogiversary! Yep, on this day three years ago I hit publish on my very first post, and what a ride it has been. I’ve definitely come a loooong way with my photography (and I still have a lot further to go!), that’s for sure! Each year on my blogiversary I like to share a recipe featuring plums and this year I’m right in celebration mode with a plum basil cocktail!
I want to start by saying a huge thankyou to everyone that reads here, you’re such a lovely bunch and I feel so honoured and grateful that you keep coming back to hear what I have to say next. I love hearing from you all too, so never feel shy to leave a comment or send me an email, I appreciate each and every one of them! Now, enough with the sappy stuff and on to the cocktails!
- 4 plums
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 shots gin
- 1 shot sugar syrup
- Soda water
- Dice two of the plums and place in a cocktail shaker with most of the basil leaves
- Muddle together then fill the shaker with ice and pour in the gin and sugar syrup
- Pop the lid on and shake well for around a minute
- Slice the remaining two plums into thin wedges and divide between the glasses with the remaining basil and some ice cubes
- Strain the mixture from the cocktails shaker into the two glasses
- Top up with soda water and then add a slice or two of lime, squeezing gently as you put it in the glass
This plum basil cocktail is delightfully refreshing and not overly sweet which suits me perfectly. If you prefer things a little sweeter then you can always add more sugar syrup (which is just equal parts caster sugar and boiling water, dissolved together and left to cool), but see how you go! You want your plums to be nice and ripe to ensure they have lots of juicy sweetness, but it doesn’t really matter what type of plums you use – they are all delicious!
So, happy third blogiversary to me – I think I’ll make another batch of these for tonight!