If you’re looking for some last minute ideas for quick and delicious party snacks for Christmas events then I’m here to help! These cranberry brie pastry bites are not only super simple but also super quick to whip up. They’re also Christmassy in flavour & are guaranteed to be a hit!
- Puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg
- Wheel of brie
- Jar of cranberry sauce
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 200C and defrost the puff pastry
- Slice the pastry sheets into quarters, then in to quarters again
- Lightly whisk the egg and brush over the pastry
- Line baking trays with paper and place two squares of pastry on top of each other and then place on the baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes until puffed up and lightly golden
- Slice the brie in to small pieces and place on top of the pastry then bake for a further minute or two until melted
- Remove from the oven and top with some cranberry sauce and fresh thyme leaves
- Serve while warm
That’s all there is to it to whip up these cranberry brie pastry bites! They’re as tasty as they are simple and are unlikely to stick around long if you serve them at a party. I love the Christmassy vibe the cranberry and thyme add to the dish and it’s hard for me to go past the oozey brie!
If you want to shorten the process on serving day then you can do steps 1-5 a day in advance and store the pastry in an airtight container over night. Just heat through for a minute or two before following through with steps 6-8 when you’re ready to serve and you’re good to go!
One of my favourite parts about these cranberry brie pastry bites is that you can keep the ingredients on hand and have them ready to serve in no time if unexpected visitors stop by. Although, that means having brie in your fridge that you have to hold back from eating, but I guess you can always replace it!
Now that I’ve posted this recipe I have a feeling I’ll be asked to make them for the annual pre-Christmas drinks at my folks place, but I’m ok with that!