As the weather cools down I tend to switch from my morning smoothie to something a bit more hearty. These peanut butter overnight oats have been on high rotation and they’re healthy, delicious and oh-so-simple! Plus, you can top them with whatever takes your fancy!
- 1/2 cup milk (I use almond milk)
- 1tbs chia seeds
- 2tbs peanut butter
- 1tbs honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oats
- Toppings of your choosing – fruit, yoghurt, cacao nibs, slivered almonds, anything you like!
- Add the milk, chia seeds, peanut butter and sweetener to your bowl, stirring to combine
- Stir in the oats and ensure they sit under the almond milk so they can soak the liquid up
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- If desired, heat through before serving then top and enjoy!
This makes a single serving of the peanut butter overnight oats, but they keep well in the fridge so feel free to multiply away! You can even make them straight into jars so you can make a few on a Sunday night ready for the week ahead. Making the peanut butter overnight oats in a jar also means you can grab one on the way out of the house if need be!
I’ve been using the Pic’s peanut butter from the February GoodnessMe Box which is deliciously crunchy. I also have a soft spot for Kiwi peanut butter brands – I don’t know how they do it, but they’re so good!
I love adding chia seeds to my overnight oats because they are such an easy way to get Omega-3s and antioxidants into my breakfast. Plus, I like the consistency they give the overnight oats as well. I normally just have this cold, but on super cold mornings I heat it through so it’s more like porridge. Either way is delicious!