So I have no idea how it’s been this long, but today is my 7th blogiversary! I always celebrate with a recipe that showcases plums and this year is all about these plum crumble muffins! They’re simple, delicious and perfect for a mid-morning snack!
I slightly tweaked a recipe from Taste
For the muffins
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-6 medium-large plums
- 125g butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk
For the crumble topping
1/4 cup flour
- 2tbs sugar
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C and line muffin trays
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl
- Finely chop 2-3 of the plums and add to the bowl and gently combine
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter then add the eggs, yoghurt, vanilla essence and milk. Whisk well to combine
- Add to the flour mixture and fold well to combine
- Spoon in to the muffin pans
- Thinly slice remaining plums and lay on top of the mixture in the muffin pans
- Rub together the flour and chopped butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the oats, sugar and cinnamon and toss to combine
- Sprinkle on top of the sliced plums
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean, then leave to cool in they trays for 5 minutes, then fully on a wire rack
I seriously love these plum crumble muffins! The plums give excellent colour and flavour, and I love the crumble on top for some extra crunch and delight. My mum’s plum trees are doing well again this year, so I have plenty more to cook with so there’s definitely going to be another batch of these in my not-too-distant future! They were an excellent treat to take to work to keep me motivated while I get back in to this whole being-in-the-office thing, that’s for sure.
I’ll probably also turn some of them in to plum compote, and there’s likely to be a cocktail or two in the making while I’m at it! Lucky I have so many plum recipes in my archives now, there’s something for all occasions!
As I head in to the next year of this little blog of mine I want to say a huge thanks to every one of you for hanging out in this part of the internet with me. You’re all delightful folk, and it’s been a wonderful part of the last 7 years getting to virtually get to know so many of you!