I decided to get my bake on one Sunday afternoon to whip up some goodies to take in to the office. These pretzel M&M cookies were the answer, and they were seriously delicious. Salty and sweet – what more could you want! Plus, they’re super simple to whip up!
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1tbs milk
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth
- Mix in the vanilla essence, then beat in the egg, mixing well
- Stir in the milk
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and fold to combine
- Crush the pretzels and add to the bowl with the M&Ms and fold through
- Place tablespoon sized balls of the dough on lined baking trays, pressing down lightly to flatten. Leave a gap between each to allow room to spread
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until lightly golden, then cool on a wire rack
That’s all there is to these pretzel M&M cookies! I love how chunky they are, they’re definitely a serious cookie. Perfect with a mid-morning cuppa, which is exactly what we did at work the next day! Everyone was pretty happy, that’s for sure! It took some serious self-restraint on my behalf to not eat too many of them warm from the oven – although of course I did have to do some level of quality control!
You want to crush the pretzels small enough that they are able to be folded through the mixture, but I don’t recommend crushing them too much. I like to still have pieces of pretzel visible in mine! I love the colour the M&Ms provide (or whatever similar brand you like!) in these cookies too!
They store well in an airtight container for a few days, but it’s hard to see them lasting that long around people anyway! Seriously, who wouldn’t love some of these pretzel M&M cookies!